Ionizer Air Purifier:
An Ionizer is usually used to create ionized air. It is a form of air purifier that uses electric or magnetic fields to ionize molecules in the air. An electrically charged column made up of a substance such as an electrolyte creates ions that attach themselves to surrounding neutral molecules, creating charged particles called positive or negatively charged ions.
Ionizers are sometimes referred to as negative ions because they produce negative ions and produce smaller amounts of ultraviolet and infrared light than other air cleaners. In general, the type of ionizer you will need depends on what type you want your home/office space to be.
Benefits of an Ionizer Air Purifier:
One of the best air purifiers for you is an ionizer for the following reasons:
- An ionizer helps in purifying the air at your home or office space.
- It removes unwanted particles in the air from dust, pollen and other harmful substances.
- It also helps remove pollens and leaves, smoke smells, and odors from clothes and carpets.
- While it can be used as a replacement for a whole-house filter system, it isn’t as good at removing all toxic particles such as asbestos fibres that are not removed by other cleaners.
- Ionizer air purifier is a great way to introduce fresh air into your home.
- Ionizer purifiers can help you breathe easier at night if you suffer from allergies or asthma.
- One machine can produce many negative ions and remove dander, viruses, bacteria, and other unwanted particles from the air in your room or throughout your home.
- It works by ionizing the water molecules in the air, thereby increasing their weight, size and surface tension, causing them to stick to airborne dust particles.
Drawbacks of an Ionizer Air Purifier:
- Ionizer air purifier is not suitable for removing strong odors from the air.
- It is very expensive, but if you want to purify the air in your home, it may be worth it.
- Ionizer air purifier is only effective against large particles, not small ones. It also doesn’t purify the air for your entire space.
- Ionization of contaminants in the air takes a long time to complete, and in some cases, it will not completely clean the air.
- The ionization process and the resulting negative ions can cause problems like dry skin, itchy eyes and nose and throat irritations for hours after being in an area where an ionizer was used.
- You must be careful when cleaning the surface of your unit as you can release harmful particles into the air rather than removing them.
How Do They Work?
Ionizers work by generating ions which are then released into the air of a room or building. The ions that are produced can have a negative or positive charge.
|Top||Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier for Home 3 Stage with Washable Pre-Filter, Particle, Carbon Filter, Captures Allergens, Viruses, Odors, Smoke, Mold, Dust, Germs, Pets, Smokers, Small Room||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top||RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier - Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star (SPA-780A, Black, Odor Remover)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier Medical Grade Filtration H13 True HEPA for 1100 Sqft, 99.99% Airborne Particle Removal, Captures Allergens & Dust, Allergies/Dust, Graphite||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top||Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link HP02 Wi-Fi Enabled Air Purifier,White/Silver||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Coway Airmega 400 Smart Air Purifier with 1,560 sq. ft. Coverage||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top||Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top||Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier 3 Stages with Two Washable Pre-Filters, Particle, Carbon Filter, Captures Allergens, Odors, Smoke, Mold, Dust, Germs, Pets, Smokers, Large Room||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top||Honeywell HPA200 HEPA Air Purifier Large Room (310 sq. ft), Black||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top||Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier w/WiFi (SPA-780N, Black, Toxin Absorber)||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
The purpose of an ionizer is to produce negative ions. A negative ion is a group of uncharged particles with one charged particle (an electron) in the center. Negative ions possess an electrical charge and can attach themselves to airborne molecules that have a positive charge, such as dust, pollen, smoke and smog.
If you are looking for an air purifier that will absorb most of the air impurities from your indoor space and remove strong odors, an ionizer air purifier is not a good choice for you. However, it is very effective in cleaning large particles such as dust, pollen and other harmful particles.
1.What are ionizer air purifiers?
Ionizer air purifiers produce negative ions from ozone. Ozone is a gas that has some very unique properties. It is the third most abundant atmospheric molecule, which is made up of three oxygen molecules.
2.What are the benefits of an ionizer air purifier?
It helps to clean the air in your room. It produces negative ions, which have a large surface area and negative charges. The negative ions attach themselves to airborne particles such as dust, pollen, smoke and smog. They then fall to the floor, where they can be removed with a vacuum cleaner or broom.
3.What are the drawbacks of an ionizer air purifier?
The process for ionizing can take a while. Ionizing is not complete purification because it also requires some filtration/resistance media with particles smaller than the ones being ionized (i.e., 0.5 microns).